Real Name: Presumably James Melrose
Apparent Age: Early-to-mid 20s
Concept: College student turned Malkavian
Physical description: Jim is fairly average-looking, with brown hair, brown eyes, and somewhat well-kept facial hair. He tends to dress in darker colors, though recently he has taken to wearing mostly black. He has a somewhat serious expression on his face at all times, though this belies his easy-going attitude. All in all, Jim at a glance is nothing standout or anything to write home about.
- Acknowledged by Prince Laureyns van der Brock of Bruges (February 2011)
- Gifted by Prince Laureyns van der Brock of Bruges (September 2017)
- Compassionate by Prince Vaclav of Lewiston/Auburn (August 2019)
Originally from Massachusetts, Jim Melrose was embraced on accident while on a trip to Belgium in late 2010. His sire, Yvette, took him under her wing more out of pity and guilt than any real sense of responsibility. Jim was taught how to focus his powers and aid those around him in the domain, which he used on more than one occasion to great success. He became something of a go-to seer for fledglings and neonates, someone with powers of the mind that was also friendly and approachable.
Near the tail end of 2017, Jim wanted to head back home. Discovering that Massachusetts was controlled by the Sabbat, he headed north into Maine, eventually settling in Lewiston/Auburn. Since then, he has acted as a lesser harpy, Keeper of Elysium (though was removed from the position after the praxis seizure of Lewiston/Auburn by Prince Connor), and Primogen for Clan Malkavian in Lewiston/Auburn. In March of 2019, he was named Seneschal by Prince Vaclav. Jim was heavily involved with the return of the Plague Bride during the Glitter and Gloom of the same year.
After a second praxis seizure in Lewiston/Auburn during November of 2019, he was named Harpy by the Primogen Council.
In March of 2020, Jim attended Glitter and Gloom in Baltimore once again, this time participating in the "Malkavian Disco", a pocket dimension that existed somewhere within the Network (presumably). After the Eater revealed himself within the Disco and was nailed to a cross, Jim chided the assembled Kindred away from the Methuselah and tried to get the Malkavians to decide the fate of their clan by themselves. He then stood guard by the Eater with one of the dolor swords (which previously was within the Plague Bride) to prevent more 'rubbernecking', until he succumbed to his derangements and fled the Disco. He was present for the crowning of the new Coronati.
During a gathering in Lewiston-Auburn in August 2021, the current prince, Rufus Buck fired the entire court and began to verbally attack members of his domain and physically assaulted Jim's childe, Cecilia Winters. Enraged, Jim declared that Rufus had not acted in a way becoming of someone of his standing. Rufus then admitted that he no longer wanted the job, and announced to the rest of the domain (before leaving the building) that they needed to come together to choose a new prince, or else the domain would be folded into Portland's. After some back-and-forth from all members of the domain, Jim stood up and declared praxis of Lewiston-Auburn. Michael Gunn, a former anarch-turned-member-of-the-Tower, shot Jim with an enchanted arrow and immediately staked him. Before being beaten into torpor, Michael began spouting prophecy and tearing his eyes out with a pocket knife. Jim was vanished by Go and evacuated from the gathering site. It is presently unknown where Jim is, or if he made it out alive. However, once Rufus returned, he re-established his praxis and decided to fold it into the Domain of Portland on the spot.
- Thomas True, Archon to Justicar Maris Streck of Clan Malkavian
- Andrea McDermott, Sovereign Prince of Maine
- Evelyn Landrake, Prince of Baltimore
- Alex Al-Salim, of Maine
- Vaclav, of Maine
- Violet Avery, Primogen of Baltimore
- Cecilia Winters, of Maine
- Go, of Maine
- Ezio Ettori, of Maine
- Ivy Winterheart, of Maine
- Wendy Carter, of Maine
- Kitty O'Brien, of Bruges, Belgium
- Marlis, independent Ravnos
None that he's aware of. He has stated he have an immense hatred of Malkavian antitribu and the Sabbat in general, as well as most other enemies of the Camarilla.
Yvette DeWitt, of Bruges, Belgium
Cecilia Winters, of the Domain of Maine
Kitty O'Brien, of Bruges, Belgium
- Prince Hamlet, from Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
- Aza Holmes, from Turtles All the Way Down, by John Green
- Scott Pilgrim, from Scott Pilgrim series, by Bryan Lee O'Malley
- 9S, from Nier: Automata
- Saul Goodman, from Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul
- Mark Corrigan, from Peep Show
- Fake Happy, by Paramore
- Mr. Brightside, by the Killers
- She Only Wants Me For My Blood, by Patent Pending
- Somebody That I Used To Know, by Gotye
- Amsterdam, by Coldplay
- Guppy, by Titanic Sinclair
- Blank Space, by Taylor Swift
- Love Me Dead, by Ludo
- *Aggressive finger guns*
- "Unrelated, but I've been reading up on the art of nugget horticulture. Did you know that in Tudor England, nobility would stich together dead piglets and chickens into something called a cockenthrice?"
- "I am going to spite-learn Presence just to Summon his ass all the way from Florida to here."
- "I moved here to the frontier of the Camarilla to make something of myself. I've grown a lot in the short amount of time I've been here, and I owe it to the Kindred of Lewiston/Auburn to give them help in return."
- "If we fail, I want us to fail because our best wasn't good enough."
- "I have a lot to not think about right now."
- "As a wise man once said: 'blanket forts are where them fuckers ain't.'"
- "I have seen so, so much tonight. I have experienced much. And somehow, of all the things I have heard, the phrase I was least expecting to hear was 'forbidden butt plug'."
- After putting a rag into the Eater's mouth and standing in front of the majority of Clan Malkavian at Glitter and Gloom: "Enough! It's time for us to decide our own fate for ourselves and not listen to his madness anymore. Go, and discuss this. Stop giving him your attention."
- "My name is Jim Melrose. What a #clever guy!" - The Clever Prince, March 2019
- "I know who you are, Jim Melrose! -Muffled screaming-" - The Eater, March 2020
Between Jim and Others:
Fomori Cat: "To quote your 'two-legged' movies: 'may the odds be ever in your favor.'"
Jim: "Wait, there are four-legged movies?"