|St. Augustine, FL
Real Name: Unknown
Apparent Age: Early 20s
Physical description: A tall, clearly 'native' American, but with heavily scarred forehead and cheeks. The scarring both enhances and detracts from his overall visage; giving him an edge that unnerves some who see him. Overall, his skin is still ruddier than most vampires of Occidental heritage. Despite all appearances, he speaks English with a pronounced Catalan accent.
- Loyal (per Lasombra advantage)
- Well-Informed (Enzo Rosati)
- Resourceful (Christine Strauss)
Basic Timeline: Alonso is not a recent embrace, but is a recent release from his accounting. He is of 'native American' descent, but demures when asked about his mortal history. He also knows a great deal of history of the Southeastern United States, from pre-Colombian contact in general, and of St. Augustine in particular.
Current Activities:Currently, Alsonso has gone missing. From May 9, 2014, until January 22, 2016, Alonso was the Harpy of the Domain of St. Augustine. From January 22, 2016 until November 8, 2019, he was Seneschal.
It would appear that Alonso has a soft spot for the Toreador of St. Augustine, working closely with their Primogen, and young artistes and poseurs that have entered the Domain. He has begun investigations into the neighboring territories of the Domain, namely the Sabbat of Palm Coast and of Northwestern Jacksonville.
After setting up and distracting the Sabbat of Jacksonville, to allow the Ventrue to save their elder, Alonso's humanity slipped, and he departed the domain for personal reasons.
Obvious Merit & Flaw Details: The scarring on Alonso's cheeks and forehead give him an unnerving mien. Occasionally, it appears that Alonso's shadow does not move in sync with his movements, something that a few in court have noted. Further, many Toreador (and only Toreador) note that they can occasionally see an ephemeral wraith hovering just off of one or the other of Alonso's shoulders when their senses are heightened.
Nothing that a name would be put to.
He's still working to ingratiate himself with the local Primogen, of which he's had mixed success.
Arturo de la Mar (Archbishop of the Treasure Coast)
The Virgin of Catalan
Various tales of native 'conversions' to Catholicism which led to the saying, 'no greater fanatic than a covert'.
To make an Alonso, mix together:
A little bit of Oberyn Martell and Richard Swift, and if some fellow players are to be believed, Squanto. Presently, he's heading into territory of Varys, Carmine Falcone, Gus Fring and Wilson Fisk.
- "I'm twice over a bastard, Primogen, what did you expect from me?"
- "Mr. Cornell, you will obey me, or so help me, I will strip you of standing right here in front of the Sabbat!"
- "Ventrue are like lions. Dangerous in a group, and when they all stand together, they can make elephants tremble. But look closer, and while the lions are impressive with their majestic manes, it is the females that do all the work--look at Justicar Lucinde and Queen Anne. Now Lasombra, Lasombra are like tigers. A tiger does not need other tigers to get things done, and a single tiger can make an elephant move."
- "Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius." -- said when having to deal with Hunters who had come to the Domain.
- His sire hasn't 'really' let him out of accounting, status bedamned.
- He despises his fellow "natives", considering them savages.
- Had a torrid romance with the childer of the Toreador Primogen before her death--and she haunts him to this day.
- He owns a blackamoor goldfish, that he must keep alive, without ghouling it, from his sire.
- Alonso has entered into a coterie with others whose intent is to control the local underworld and police.