I can't remember how this got started
Oh, but I can tell you exactly how it will end
Every day is exactly the same
Aliases: Seneschal Sparrow, Ma'am, Lady Sparrow, Our Lady, The Diplomat, Ustadha (Gangrel Only: Calamity Jane)
Real Name: Unknown
Apparent Age: early 30s
Physical Description: Jennica is a tall, willowy woman with stunning pale features. (Gorgeous x5, Magnetic x3) She has dark blue eyes and long, wavy red hair typically worn loose around her shoulders. At court, she tends toward semi-formal clothing in dark colors, be it a well-tailored suit or an understated cocktail dress, always with heels. Outside of court, especially when travelling, she prefers dark, simple, utilitarian clothing.
- Acknowledged by Patrick Reval, former Prince of Athens, Georgia
- Respected by word of Richard King, former Prince of Northern Virginia
- Just by word of Jordan Drake, former Prince of Athens, Georgia
- Wise by word of Jan van Rheinlander, Prince of Griffin, Georgia
- Cherished as Seneschal of Atlanta, Georgia
- Esteemed as Seneschal of Atlanta, Georgia
- Trusted as Seneschal of Atlanta, Georgia
She is the resplendent other,
the glorious dark horizon.
To be in her arms is to be in her confidence,
and in her heart there is a vast plain
where dead men sleep.
Very little is known of Jennica's past, which she prefers not to discuss; bits and pieces are best gleaned from those who have known her a while.
It is supposed that she wandered the country for many years before making her formal debut into Camarilla society, being a natural loner and uncomfortable with relinquishing her anonymity. The years that followed, however, made her allegiance clear, culminating in her decision to remain with the Camarilla when the majority of her clan tore itself away. She never publicly regretted the decision, and developed a reputation for strict adherence to the Traditions and the practice of prestation. Armed with this knowledge and conviction, Jennica served as the Harpy of Athens, Georgia for several years under the Malkavian Prince Jordan Drake. Subsequent changes in the administration saw Jennica also serve as Sheriff of Athens, before she took praxis in the spring of 2010.
Ousted from praxis by a clanmate later that year, Jennica roamed the continent for a while--then disappeared into torpor. Recently awakened, she now splits her time between her formal residence in north Georgia and serving as Seneschal of Atlanta. In the instances where she does leave home, her travels seem driven less by wanderlust than to some commitment to an untold plan.
Jennica isn't one to talk politics on a regular basis, or anything else, for that matter. But based on who she spends her time talking to, it can be assumed she somewhat likes the following people, and they are at least polite enough to tolerate her.
- Alec Finch
- Amber Du Lac
- Anna McKenney
- Antonia Petrella
- Big Sally Giovanni
- Charles McMillan
- Corkie Pelligrino
- Ender Matthews
- Gary Kowaleski
- Jan van Rheinlander
- Jeice Kincaid
- Joe Barclay
- Luni the Wise
- Oliver Freigh
- Petra Grunwald-Cole
- Priscilla Giovanni
- Rachel Dubhan
- Taylor Jacobs
- Wei Mu Tian
- Smoke monsters
- Gratuitous property damage
- General seneschal problems
- Sire: Not mentioned
- Broodmatees: None
- Childer: Joshua Bell Sparrow, Jeremiah Lee Sparrow
- Distant Relation: Jeice Kincaid
- Curtis, Take Shelter
- Isobel, "En Agosto"
- Sam Bell, Moon
- Violet Jessop
- Merlin, from The Once and Future King
- Galadriel from The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- "Face Down" | The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- "Every Day is the Same" | Nine Inch Nails
- "Lux Aeterna" | Clint Mansell
- "Way Down We Go" | Kaleo
- "Heart's a Mess" | Gotye
- "Offering Chant (Unplugged)" | Lama Gyurme
- "Say Something" | A Great Big World
- "Don't Let Me Down" | The Chainsmokers ft. Daya
- "Powerful" | Major Lazer ft. Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley
- "Fiat justitia."
- "Legends have lives, too."
- "Strength without discipline is wild, destructive. But discipline without strength is vulnerable."
- "The older we become, the more we lose what made us human. Some of us lose it, entirely. And so we struggle to put words to feelings, to ideas, and even if we are successful, even if we frame our hearts perfectly...sometimes there is no audience."
- "It is easy to feel that one lacks the proper words to express what is inside. Words, like anything else, are tools. Sometimes the tools we are given are inadequate to perform the task we desire."
- "Implying that there is any positive aspect to this situation is like saying I should be happy to be warm while set on fire."
- "You have suffered much to make yourself a great leader; in a most imperfect world, you strove to be a defender of your people and an arbiter of justice. These things were always written on your face and on your bearing and hands." - Wei Mu Tian
- "Wild, untamed, beautiful. All of a woman's strengths, with none of a woman's frailties." - Jon-Apolo de Soult
- "Classic sexy, mixed with that look of 'I will cut your balls off for my own amusement' feyish charm." - Jeice Kincaid
- "I thought that you were haunting beautiful, and also a complete mystery. You guard yourself very strongly in court, and never truly show emotion. I never really blamed the game with you..." - Justin Lazarion
- "For saying that you would not understand what I have experienced, you seem to comprehend it better then even I do." - Elias Beecher
- "You’re a legend. Literally. How does one approach someone that only rumors or hearsay has been spread of? Even in silence your presence reverberates is if it were thunder without sound." - Irish
- "Your eloquence is unrivaled." - Al
- She was the inspiration for "As The Sparrow," a poem written by Charles Bukowski.
- Jennica wrote the first drafts of the "Rinaldi Doctrine" while sitting in an oak tree.
- Jennica is becoming a Buddhist. Or a nihilist. Or something so depressing it doesn't have a name.
- In his weird, twisted way, Ash Williams was convinced he loved Jennica when he couldn't stare her down.
- While other Gangrel wear their animalistic features on their skin, Jennica is becoming an animal, inside. The more times passes, the more her personality and mannerisms warp into those of a wild creature. Some believe she is in far more danger of losing her soul than those whose feral natures can be seen.
- Jennica appears to be on friendly terms with the Kuei-Jin of San Fransisco.
- Some think Jennica has her eye on another praxis in Georgia. She asserts she is content to serve.
- Has her own Toreador fan club. Jennica tries to hide from her, but is usually unsuccessful, as her position in Atlanta demands some public appearances.
- She is possibly the only Gangrel in Georgia who hasn't been possessed by a spirit, struck secret deals with Lupines, or openly stated her greatest allegiance is not to the Camarilla. If she has done any of these things, she at least has the decorum to keep them behind closed doors.
- Though she is assumed to travel in animal form, few can remember seeing Jennica as an animal.
- Founding member of the Not My Problem Visiting Seneschal Club with Oliver Freigh and Rachel Dubhan.
- Despite her intense social reserve, which lends the appearance of a wholly serious personality, Jennica does possess a sense of humor.
- Said sense of humor may include hints at collecting cannon to point at other kindred's havens.
- She didn't actually put a cannon in his neighborhood. It's a howitzer. The HOA wouldn't allow the cannon.
- She isn't actually angry. She just has resting bitch face.
- She has resting bitch face, but she's angry, too.
- Though not particularly fond of food, she prefers conducting meetings in tea houses, restaurants, and cafes.
- Jennica doesn't have emotions. When she claims one ("I am sad to say it is true..." or "I am glad to see you..."), she's just parroting the cliched phrases she thinks are right for the situation.
- Jennica's favorite clanmate is a fellow named Ranger, who only walks around in canine form. Specifically, as an adorable puppy.
- She adopted a ghoul simply to make certain it wasn't slaughtered during a gather.
- Petra Grunwald-Cole thinks it's attractive when Jennica is displeased, and has openly stated so.
- She made Prince McMillan laugh when she seriously(?) pitched an idea to reward domain members who took turns babysitting others more inclined to dangerous, destructive activity. Part of the plan included a punch card. McMillan, and all bystanders, approved.
- Prince McMillan and Jennica get along because they are both so done with this, whatever "this" is at the moment.
- Upon realizing she was the only officer present in Atlanta one evening, she deputized a potted plant.
- Protocol and propriety are so important to Jennica because she can't read body language or facial expressions.
- She carries a journal because she can't remember anything without writing it down.
- Jennica wasn't in torpor all those years. She was travelling alone.
- Jennica wasn't in torpor all those years. She was dead.
- Judging from her personality, she still might be.
- She relies on Toreador and Ventrue women to help her dress properly.
- Jennica and Jeice Kincaid are related.
- She once coughed up a hairball on an archon.
- Her avoidance of the outdoors and the wilderness is not due to snobbery, but a deep-seated discomfort with the violent streak in her clan.
- An ally once sent his childe to "protect" Jennica. She found that ally and promised if he did so again, he would require someone to protect him from her.
- She won't change into an animal in front of others because her fight form is an
elk armadillo fennecjeroba?
- The film Arrival is loosely based on one of Jennica's lost journals.
- Has a problem with renaissance fairs. Specifically, that there's little of the renaissance represented in them.
- Whether intended to woo, impress, or simply prompt a reaction, Jennica is often the (confused) recipient of exotic and extravagant gifts.
- During a contested praxis in Griffin, the two claimants to the throne exchanged a few barbed words and left elysium to fight for the throne. Jennica grabbed both men for a private conversation, leading to peace between the claimants and a plan to move forward for the protection and stability of the domain.
- Jennica inspired the Vorlons of Babylon 5.
- For all her civility, Jennica shows no mercy to those who abuse others...colorfully illustrated by the moment she clawed a man's face off for assaulting a friend's daughter.
- She once sold a pot of tea to Joseph Hanover for a million dollars.
- Jennica is not allowed on the kitchen counter.
- Gets on counter, anyway.