|Domain||St. Augustine, FL|
Real Name: Samuel
Apparent Age: Early Thirties
Concept: Quintessential Nerd
Physical description: Samuel is very thin and stands at an unassuming 5'9". He is balding, but his thinning brown hair is rarely seen as there is typically a terribly unfashionable and ill-fitting fedora perched on top of his head. His bluish-green eyes are framed by exquisitely-crafted-yet-somehow-still-geeky glasses. Sammy has been known to wear basically anything he wants, from a kilt, to jeans and a tshirt, to a three piece suit, depending on his mood. Regardless of the formality of his style, Sammy is always very neatly groomed, and notably clean.
- Acknowledged by then Prince Lodin of Chicago, IL (1971)
- Clever by then Primogen, now former Archon Orillian Rainstorm
- Efficient by then Prince Leonard Flynn
- Vigilant by then Prince, now former Archon Lady Elizabeth of York
- Insightful by Prince Mattias Roman
- Honorable by then Prince Vincenzo Rosati
- Empowered by Position as Archon to His Halcyon Excellency, Justicar Art Morgan
- Feared by Position as Archon to His Halcyon Excellency, Justicar Art Morgan
Found by his Sire working in a radio repair shop down the road from Dunning, Samuel was embraced in 1959 in Chicago, IL. He spent the next 12 years in the Accounting, before being Acknowledged by Prince Lodin. Samuel remained in the background for the next 20 years or so, learning and observing, with very little input. He earned and lost small amounts of Status during this time, never really gaining any sort of political popularity.
As a side effect of a Praxis change in 1993, Sammy's Sire was killed. After close to 10 years of mourning and lack of motivation, Samuel finally left Chicago. He relocated to Florida, with a goal of reshaping the way the southeastern States thought of Malkavians.
Samuel's first night in St. Augustine allowed him to showcase his skills, as his suggested search patterns worked brilliantly in locating an elusive group of Sabbat. After several instances of him suggesting perfect solutions to problems plaguing the Domain, he quickly became Primogen at the request of his clanmate Orillian Rainstorm. He remained Primogen for only a short time, as Carter Johnson wisely told him one night, "You're my Keeper now."
Sammy remained Keeper for what is probably the second longest term for any individual in the modern day Camarilla within the United States (second to Vincent King, former Keeper Emeritus and Archon). He served 9+ Princes, the exact number not really being known, as there were several very rapid Praxis changes in 2007, each naming him Keeper upon claiming to be Prince.
In late 2011, Samuel moved to Buffalo, NY. He only made himself known to the Prince and Domain for one evening before going off the grid for a year and a half to investigate some personal issues. Upon conclusion of his business in March 2013, Samuel moved back to Florida, his Clan having established a strong presence in St. Augustine.
Samuel was granted Right of Progeny in April 2013, and he embraced Joseph, a radio personality he met in Syracuse.
After a short stint as Harpy, in February of 2014, Samuel was able to return to what he calls "his comfort zone" and once again assume the title of Keeper of Elysium of the Haunted City.
After showing up to Court on the evening of Friday the 13th, June 2014, Samuel disappeared for a few weeks. Rumors began, claiming that he died, despite him being absent from St. Augustine for only one scheduled gathering. Joseph, his Childe, still being under Samuel's Accounting and only having official Hospitality in one city, fled to Lakeland, FL. There, Joe was haphazardly granted his Acknowledgement by Kenneth Mardym which infuriated Samuel. Kenneth Mardym mysteriously died in the following weeks.
Late September, 2014, Samuel was selected to serve as an Archon to Justicar Art Morgan. He's still dumbfounded by the assignment.
Sammy knows they're out there, but they haven't said anything. Yet.
- Milton, Stephen Root's Character from Office Space
- Daniel Tammet
- Roy Waller, Nick Cage's character from Matchstick Men
- Eyes Wide Open by Gotye
- Stress by Jim's Big Ego
- Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz
"Joe's Pizza! Is this for pickup or delivery?" (Used by Sammy as what he thinks is a secure way to answer the phone when he doesn't recognize the incoming phone number)
"A blind magic user? Really?!? That's like an armless shot-putter." (In reference to Marek)
"I'm DEFINITELY not one to think outside of the box, but I sure do enjoy any opportunity to make the box bigger."
Oro: "We need to torture him so we can get the information we need!"
Sammy: "Did you say torture him?"
Oro: "I said torpor him."
Sammy: "Umm...I'm pretty certain you said torture..."
Oro: "Did I?"
"I hate that guy..." (Muttered under his breath every time he talks about Joe)
- Apparently Sammy has single-handedly slain multiple Sabbat packs. When asked about this, he will say he has no idea what you're talking about.
- Sammy absolutely HATES his Childe, Joseph.
- Sammy really did die that Friday the 13th in June, and has been replaced by an evil doppelganger.
- Sammy murdered Kenneth Mardym, driven by the unjustified Acknowledgement of Sammy's Childe, Joseph.
- Sammy has an alternate identity of his own Servire, for when he wants to do Archon work but does not want to take off his bathrobe or put on pants.