Jan van Rheinlander
|Society||Society of the Hague|
Alias(es): William Mowett
Apparent Age: 28
Concept: friendly politician, ship captain, honorable lawyer
Physical description: Tall, blond, with blue eyes, Jan is a friendly, gregarious man who talks with his hands. An enchanting voice with the air of a natural leader, Jan has a blush of health that enhances his friendly face and endears him to those he meets.
- Acknowledged by Johannes Castelein, Former Prince of Amsterdam.
- Loyal by Arjan Voorhies, Prince of North Holland & Utrecht Counties (including Amsterdam)
- Voracious by Prince Pompeii Magnus of Griffin, Georgia
- Cherished by Brant Eldrusson, Seneschal of Tampa, FL
- Revered by position as Primogen of Griffin, Georgia
- Esteemed as Right Honorable member of The Hague.
Jan's early life was spent as a lieutenant on several Dutch East India Company ships trading spice in the far east, specifically Hong Kong. He subsequently served as an officer on several British warships till his embrace. Since his embrace he has worked for the Ventrue Clan on several continents to further both Clan and Camarilla interests. He moved to the Domain of Griffin, Georgia, USA, in the Winter of 2014 and quickly became the local clan whip, then the Keeper of Elysium, then served as Primogen, then Seneschal of the domain.
After Prince Magnus removed himself to Florida in the winter of 2016, Jan took Praxis of the Domain at the insistence of the locals and held it for six months till a Ventrue Clanmate's machinations purposefully unseated him. Jan was able to escape with his life despite the nature of the seizure, and now waits patiently to once again be called on to lead, serving the current Ventrue Prince as his Clan's Primogen once again.
Jan routinely visits other domains and has established good relations with the citizens there.
On December 3rd 2016, Jan van Rheinlander claimed and held the Praxis of Griffin, Georgia.
Jan has joined the Society of The Hague and now works actively to help settle disputes among others in the Camarilla.
- None known
- Prince Pompeii Magnus
- Dr. Josephine Lee
- Antonia Petrella
- Jennica Sparrow
- Charles McMillan
- Petra Grunwald-Cole
- Sal Giovanni
- Isadora Sjekna
- Ivan Sjekna
- Ophelia Sjekna
- Archon Mercurius
- Corkie Pelligrino
- Smoke monsters
- None known
- Oasis - Waiting For The Rapture
- Noel Gallagher - It Makes Me Wanna Cry / The Dying Of The Light
- Ben Harper and Jack Johnson - High Tide or Low Tide
- Heart of Oak
- K's Choice; My Heart
- Eddie Vedder - Immortality
- Coheed And Cambria - Goodnight, Fair Lady
- Dave Matthews Band - You Might Die Trying
- John Mayer - In Your Atmosphere
- Michael Tolcher - Give Me Your Hand
- Die Ärzte - Schrei nach Liebe
- Marco Borsato - Zij
- 311 - Don't Tread On Me
- Coheed and Cambria - Here We Are Juggernaut
- The Decemberists' - The Mariner's Revenge Song
- Matisyahu - What I'm Fighting For
- Pearl Jam - I Won't Back Down
- Bizet - Habanera
- Ed Sheeran - Tenerife Sea
- Dave Matthews - Recently
- "Would you like some water?"
- To a werewolf elder, "can you please take the helio spirits outside, you're disturbing the gathering."
- "I'll take your ten million, but I'd still prefer if you not burn my house down."
- "Seneschal van Rheinlander is calm, capable, and polite, a natural politician where others would struggle." - Jennica Sparrow
- Isn't actually a vampire, he's an attorney who was too sociable to fit in human society, yet is attorney enough to fit in with the undead.
- He collects water from every country he visits, keeping the bottles in his bar.
- He secretly judges people based on which brand they drink.
- Lupines showed up in his haven, and somehow, no one died.
- Jan has several Giovanni friends and seeks more.
- Jan keeps the ashes of an elder Sabbat Lasombra in an urn on a shelf behind the bar in his den.
- It's not the only memento there, either.
- He has a urn marked 'reserved for traitors and tyrants' there as well.
- He is known for being willing to speak with anyone, vampire, lupine, wraith, fae, or hunter, so long as it doesn't break the masquerade.
- Jan avoids physical confrontations because he can't stand up long in a fight.
- Jan keeps a smoke monster he captured in his basement.
- Jan was once attacked by the Angel Gabriel, who was wielding two flaming swords and a breastplate which shined with the light of the sun (and survived!).
- Jan house is insured for much more than it is worth.
- Jan collects Teslas.
- Jan is a sucker for pretty girls; they can get him to do just about anything.
- He loves mortal drinks like Fanta but doesn't like Coke Classic.
- His favorite drink is apple Fanta mixed with cranberry spite.
- ...cranberry Sprite?
- I know what I said.
- Jan has been known to refer to humans as 'muggles.'
- ...and to mages as 'Harry Potter people.'
- Jan couldn't swim when he was a sailor and was terrified of the water.
- You mean is. He actually hates the pool behind his haven.
- Once got the local MS13 gang in Atlanta to help with a gun buyback program.
- He loves microbrewed rootbeer.
- Based on how much she prods at him, Jan and Seneschal Jennica Sparrow are either good buddies or best frenemies.
- Jan often mentions how much his house is insured for. He really just wants someone to destroy it so he can have the insurance payout.
- It worked, someone burned his house down.
- Sometimes, when he thinks Jennica Sparrow is sad, he will surprise her with a huge hug. Her reaction has been described by a few as "stunned/cranky," or like a tiny angry animal.
- Keeps a Mummy for a ghoul, but only in other domains. He lost status for this breach of the Masquerade.
- Archons investigating the mummy issue found that there was, in fact, no breach. The Scandal was all the making of an overly ambitious younger Ventrue.
- The stripping stood, though. Hmm...
- Jan allowed the stripping to stand for the good of the Clan, against the advise of higher-ups, and to cause no more disharmony in local politics.
- Survived losing his Praxis to a Clanmate who wanted him dead bad enough to shout Clan secrets (three times).
- Jan plots to have Pompeii Magnus reclaim the throne for him.
- It looks like it sort of worked.
- It clearly worked.
- A now blood hunted ex-Prince has had his house burned down three times.
- No one was hurt at any time.