Morgan Wynn Howell
- 1 Overview
- 1.1 Character Information
- 1.2 Known History
- 1.3 Prince Howell's Domain Edicts
- 1.4 Coterie
- 1.5 Allies
- 1.6 Enemies
- 1.7 Gentlemen Adversaries (Both Ally & Enemy)
- 1.8 Sire
- 1.9 Childer
- 1.10 Broodmates
- 1.11 Character Inspirations
- 1.12 Soundtrack
- 1.13 Quotes
- 1.14 Rumors
- 1.15 Letter to the Camarilla regarding Enzo Giovanni
Real Name: Morgan Wynn Howell
Apparent Age: 30
Physical description: Roughly 6 ft tall, with a large-but-well-kept frame. Looks to be of Germanic descent, with neatly trimmed dark hair and goatee, lightly-tanned skin, and a clear complexion. Usually wears business casual, or at least something with a tie.
- Acknowledged by Prince Brendis Kinsley of Munster, Ireland
- Dedicated by then-Primogen Takashi (deceased)
- Influential by then-Prince Jordan Restax (deceased)
A "retired" mob boss with still-powerful ties to the family, Howell claimed Praxis of the Twin Cities area after Joseph Hanover stepped down as Prince in August 2010.
Married to Priscilla Howell of Clan Toreador, the wedding took place in November of 2010.
Morgan, as Prince, has blood-hunted three people so far: Horace Mansfield-Rhumer, Anthony Black, and Hajime Kojima. In a deal made with Clan Tremere in January of 2012, Morgan lifted the blood-hunt, and Clan Tremere swore a public oath to uphold the banishment of Hajime from the Twin Cities forever, else they would hunt him down and kill him.
Horace Mansfield-Rhumer was Blood-Hunted by Prince Howell for a laundry list of crimes against the Camarilla some time around 08/20/10. Notably for being a rot and a cancer within the Camarilla. There were a number of other reasons, but they were a part of a hush-hush meeting between Howell and Clan Tremere. Clan Tremere later killed Horace themselves. Right around 11/01/10
Anthony Black was Blood-Hunted by Prince Howell for multiple attempted (and failed) violations of the Tradition of Destruction. He was killed by Morgan's hand 12/03/10, witnessed by members of Clan Brujah. (More detail: Anthony Black was blood-hunted for trying to kill Morgan, Rachel Violet Eiken, and Priscilla Howell. Morgan was all business when it was himself. It was getting escalated when Rachel became targeted. And when Priscilla was attacked... Those that were there would remember the psychotic gleam in Morgan's eye as he loudly and violently blood-hunted Anthony. Through negotiations with Clan Brujah, a member of Clan Brujah (Oliver Freigh) interrogated Anthony Black just before Morgan killed him.)
Baeddan Stone was killed 04/15/11 by Prince Howell for violations of the Traditions of Domain, Progeny, & Accounting,
Sigurd Skraelholm was sentenced to death and killed 10/21/11 by Prince Howell for attempting to murder Sabbat on Elysium.
James Carlson was killed 12/16/11 by Archon Takashi, Sheriff Sylphain Delille, and Harpy Randall, for being a failure as Keeper (He tendered his resignation two weeks after making noise about how much "better" he was than a fellow Toreador), a failure as a sire (Members of Morgan's Domain had brought up how she was being wasted with him.), a failure as a member of the Camarilla (Having an Archon and the Harpy both advocate for his death.), and an endangerment to those around him (words of wisdom from other Primogen.). It is worth noting that Takashi & Randall wanted rights of destruction. While Sylphain did not ask for rights of destruction, he had previously removed his objection to James' death. Rights of destruction were requested and granted.
On Dec. 30th 2011, Prince Howell led many of his Domain residents against the demon Dragal, which had possessed and taken over the body of John Payne. The following individuals did not survive the encounter.
John Payne of Clan Toreador, Seneschal
Alex Randal of Clan Malkavian, Harpy
Katarina of Clan Nosferatu, lesser Harpy
Maeve Cahill of Clan Toreador
Olivia of Clan Brujah
And a Gangrel from La Crosse
On 03/02/12, Morgan Howell explained to his gathered Domain that due to wounds sustained in the fight of Midwinter 2012 against the infernal forces, that he would be unable to physically control the Praxis. As one last bit of honor to his beloved city, Morgan told his Domain that it was a choice for them to say who would be the best ruler/leader. Two individuals stood up. The Domain squared off almost equally in number between Sylphain Delille of Clan Toreador, and Nekoj Kustic of Clan Ventrue. With the very potent bloodied elders of the Domain being called in rather quickly with the typical "911" pages/texts, they sided with Sylphain Delille, having Clan Brujah eldership support & Clan Tremere eldership support. In the meantime, Morgan took Priscilla's arm and left the room of Elysium. As one final note, as to which Morgan supported in this Praxis, Morgan responded: "The City", and left the room.
The question is... What will happen when Morgan feels strong enough to retake the City?
Prince Howell's Domain Edicts
"None shall kill any of the humans."
"Take this as a Law of the Domain. If you believe one of them needs to pass, you will bring your reasons to me Personally. In the event that mistakes happen, you would do well to come to me immediately with news of what happened, how it happened, and why it happened. Punishment will be much less than if I find out about it after the fact."
A former member of the Obsidian Architects; this group was designed to gather together the most mortally influential members of the Domain, and work together in unison for the betterment of the Camarilla locally. This group was eventually disbanded due to various members moving to other Domains.
John Payne (deceased)
Maeve Cahill (deceased)
Fiona "Fifi!" LeStrange
Olivia Reed Brannon
Gentlemen Adversaries (Both Ally & Enemy)
M'ahl-tun (Eldest of Canada)
Mike Howell of Canada
The Godfather Soundtrack
Quotes by Prince Howell:
- "My Primogen are My Advisors... Without them, I'm running blind."
- "Just once... just once could we have a quiet night where nothing happens?"
- "When in doubt, look to the Traditions. They have all the guidance you'll need."
- "Thankfully, I am the Law within the Twin Cities."
- Said about some guy named Brian:
Alexei Semago: "What do you want me to do to him?"
Morgan: "I want you to un-man him."
Alexei: "...Do you want me to give it to you?"
Morgan, smiling: "Can you put it in a pickle jar? I want it in a pickle jar."
- "Thankfully, the Camarilla is more like a brotherhood, rather than a society of fanatical extremists. Absolute loyalty can bring about a rigid moronacy that can actually act counter to the ideals of the Camarilla."
- "The Twin Cities is ~MY~ Domain. I ~Rule~ there."
- Said about Olivia Brannon: "She is My Sister. Surely even your kind understand what that means."
Quotes about Prince Howell:
- "You don't mess with those that are under his 'protection'." - Fiona "Fifi!" LeStrange
- "He's got big brass ones for what he's done publicly - I can appreciate that, even if I disagree with him on his stance." - Eddie Darling
- Morgan Howell is insane, and a select few know what triggers his madness.
- Morgan Howell constantly questions his citizens about the Traditions and why they're important.
- Is the only Prince in the Twin Cities to actually gain Humanitas after claiming Praxis.
- Shot a Domain citizen at Gather (but not on Elysium) for being a complete idiot. He may have been thanked for it afterward.
- Has completely abolished the idea of Elysia in the Domain, allowing Kindred to freely use offensive Disciplines (short of those that bring Final Death) on each other during Gatherings.
- Employs several bloodthirsty kindred as members of his court so that he can "keep his hands clean".
- Drives his allies nuts. They often can't tell if they should be applauding his audacity or hitting him with a baseball bat.
- Has given open rights of destruction over all members of Clan Giovanni.
- Is being looked at for possible archonship by the brujah justicar.
- The Twin Cities under Morgan's Leadership has become a mecca for Elders.
- Morgan and Olivia argue on a near-constant basis, and can't stay out of one anothers' business long enough to call a truce.
- The only way to be promoted under Morgan's leadership is to be a complete asshole. Anyone else eventually gets driven out.
- Morgan has truly and irrevocably gone off the deep end... the only question now is how much of the domain he's going to take down with him when he falls.
- The reason Morgan rides Dr. Herbert Kaufman so hard is that he is afraid Kaufman will steal Priscilla Howell away
- Loves Setites. No really. LOVES them.
- He Died at Midwinter.
- Was so greatly weakened at Midwinter that he could no longer hold his praxis.
- Morgan has unleashed his Scourge on the city to remove any infernal taint and given him Rights of Destruction over any Kindred suspected of Infernalism, no trial needed.
- While at the Midwinter gather's advance against Moloch, Morgan and several others were given the chance to wish for anything their hearts desired. While others wished harm on their enemies, or for an advantage in battle, Morgan's desires centered on a clanmate.
- After losing his Praxis received a 7.62x54mmR rifle round with his name written on it in Russian.
Letter to the Camarilla regarding Enzo Giovanni
Subject: Enzo Giovanni and agreed punishments & disciplinary actions
In agreement with Benintendi Giovanni, overseer of Enzo Giovanni, a conclusion has been brought to a matter that has turned into a festering wound for the Twin Cities, and clan Brujah in particular.
The topic of the matter was the murder of Var of clan Brujah, who was Prince of the Twin Cities at the time, executed by Enzo Giovanni.
Mr. Benintendi and I have agreed and moved forward with the understanding that how Clan Giovanni punishes and discplines their own for breaking the Promise is the business of Clan Giovanni. It is not right, nor proper, for a member of the Camarilla to dictate appropriate disciplinary punishments to a member of Clan Giovanni for a transgression of this magnitude.
Mr. Enzo Giovanni has ended the life of a member of the Camarilla Prince. If he were an independent member of any other clan, he would be open season for punitive actions. However, in discussion with Mr. Benintendi, I have come to learn that the murder of a Camarilla Prince is not a killable offense among the Giovanni.
I had originally been asked what sort of task, compensation, or penance could be given to soothe the pain and transgressions of the Promise.
I had thought long and hard on this matter. On the question of what the value of life is worth, not just of a Camarilla Prince, but of any member of the Camarilla. On whether or not penance can ever truly be made given such a situation.
The answer quite simply is, you can't. You can't repay the loss of that life, and the resulting changes and ripples through the Camarilla that such an act created.
This is one of the principle reasons the Promise exists.
And so, in agreement with clan Giovanni, just as I cannot discipline nor call for the life of a member of Clan Giovanni for breaking Traditions & the Promise. They neither can do the same for any one of the Camarilla who takes it into their mind to kill a member of Clan Giovanni. Any of the Camarilla that would kill any member of Clan Giovanni within the Twin Cities will be punished according to the Camarilla's views & justice. And it shall not be up for debate, disclosure, nor discourse with Clan Giovanni. Each will be punished according to what their society believes to be a valid punishment, and the other shall not gainsay this.
That is the punishment bestowed for Enzo's failings. And that is the agreed upon blood-price for his actions in taking the life of a Camarilla Prince and living.
That has been the negotiated deal. Should a member of Clan Giovanni happen to die in the Twin Cities, and a member of the Camarilla happens to be the trigger-man... No matter how much or little that trigger-man is punished, Clan Giovanni will not question nor push for further disciplinary action, nor call for that individuals death. To do such would violate the promise, as agreed upon by Mr. Benintendi Giovanni, duly appointed as representative for this task by Clan Giovanni, and Myself.
I understand that Enzo Giovanni is a disrespectful son of a bitch who deserves to be fucked up the ass with a telephone pole engulfed with flame before being given cement shoes and dropped in the ocean... But Mr. Benintendi Giovanni has been a pleasure to work with, and I'm glad that the two of us could work together to bring this chapter to a close in a manner that is satisfactory to both parties.
I will not breach the Promise to punish another for a breach of the Promise.
Prince of the Twin Cities
OOC: Fame x5: "Retired" Don of the Twin Cities