Olivia Reed Brannon
But tell me, did the wind sweep you off your feet?
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
and head back to the Milky Way?
And tell me, did Venus blow your mind?
Was it everything you wanted to find?
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there?
Aliases: Libby, Livi, Red, Aida, Face, Xenomorph, Cat Lady.
Apparent Age: Mid twenties
Concept: The Evangelist
Physical Description: Olivia is a petite, slim redhead, with fair skin and wide blue eyes. Around other kindred, she typically dresses in a blend of Victorian, Edwardian, Middle Eastern, and neo-gothic clothing in dark colors. She wears charms, trinkets, and religious icons on necklaces, bracelets, and tied to objects she carries.
Relevant Merits: Blush of Health, Enchanting Voice, Natural Leader, Burning Aura, Sanctity
- Acknowledged by Alessio Rinaldi, Prince of Ravenna, Italy
- Industrious by Rachel Dubhan, Seneschal of Middle Georgia
"Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways;
according to your love remember me, for you, LORD, are good."
- Psalm 25:7
Olivia Reed Brannon, according to her own telling, is of English and Middle Eastern descent. Her manners are decidedly continental, and her education, to the casual observer, is Anglo-centric.
Olivia first joined the masquerade as a ghoul to Simon Brannon, a dispossessed Assamite who preferred isolation over the Mountain or the Ivory Tower. Working together over the course of many years, Olivia proved herself capable and knowledgeable to the gentleman vizier, and he embraced her as his only childe. They traveled Europe and the Middle East, keeping distant from Camarilla strongholds and Sabbat territory alike. The few kindred they came into willing contact with were autarkis, independents, or the occasional eccentric and withdrawn Camarillist. After her sire's death, Olivia changed directions politically and sought acknowledgment in the Camarilla from Prince Rinaldi of Ravenna. She maintained a quiet and unremarkable presence in his domain, sometimes traveling to other countries in the pursuit of a scrap of lore or a treasured object.
In early 2010, Olivia settled in the United States to be near younger members of her clan. She was known to roam the Americas, but is was also seen in Camarilla circles, preferring smaller gatherings of a familial nature. She maintained a business trading art, antiques, and manuscripts, sometimes served as a search agent for those willing to pay or trade.
In December of 2016, she resurfaced in Macon, Georgia, claiming a years-long detour through the Holy Land. She immediately set to work assisting the domain, and was welcomed as a member of the city.
"The righteous choose their friends carefully,
but the way of the wicked leads them astray."
- Proverbs 12:26
"I am a friend to all who fear you, to all who follow your precepts."
- Psalm 119:63
"How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?"
- Psalm 13:2
- Sire: Simon Brannon, a dispossessed gentleman of dubious origins. He is presumed deceased.
- Broodmates: She says there are none.
- Childer: Olivia says there are none, and prefers not to elaborate on the subject.
Side 1: Every Sinner Has a Future...
Side 2: ...Every Saint Has a Past
- "Once, men could hold faith and intellect in equal regard. Facts and figures were an extension of the Divine, not opposed to it. But we have lost sight of the eternal in the struggle to understand the here and now."
- "His disciples remembered that it is written: Zeal for your house will consume me."
- "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."
- "If I am truly damned...I do not know what I would do. Sometimes, people will try to reach for something--try to be good enough to pass the test--and when they fail, they move on and find other goals. The hardest thing, if I fail, is that I cannot move on; I cannot forget. I would still believe."
- "Praise God; hail Haqim."
- Seeing a handsome, unknown, torpored kindred: "Oh! May I keep him?"
- "I saw an angel, or the devil, and we fought. I stood in front of the Dome of the Rock, and the faith of men no longer rang in my ears."
- "You could wish for anything--without limit--and you wished I wouldn't be lonely? We are at war! What on earth were you thinking?"
- "Do you hear them? As our brothers are slaughtered in the face of hell, they chatter on about such...trite things. I feel sick, to be here."
- "I am the brotherhood and faith you lost in the dust."
- "I am going to meet my 'young God.'"
To and About Olivia:
- "You, Miss Olivia, are a wonderfully puzzling creature. A beautiful enigma wrapped in a question and surrounded by a puzzle." - Rishi Massoud
- Looking over a plan rife with Olivia's flourishes: "Smells a bit like vodka and perfume to me." - Alabastor Haroukin
- "Won't you be my next wife?" - Prince Jeice Kincaid
- "I'm gonna get me a big ol' boat, sail around the world. My next piece will be about the stars, and I wanna be where I can see 'em...you should come with me." - David Blanchett
- "Well, let's put it this way: I do not think Ms. Brannon is going to stab me in the back." Another man comments: "So she isn't dangerous in a physical way?" "Define 'physical.'" - Douma Charoum
- "Do you allow yourself to be loved?" - Prince Morgan Howell
- "Whether it is Whitechapel or Whitehall you call home, you are always a lady." - Michael of Cornwall
- "Olivia? Fall to temptation? I don't think that's actually possible." - An Observer
- Looking at Olivia's aura can incite weak-willed kindred to frenzy.
- Prince Jeice Kincaid was once seen slapping Olivia on the backside. Within the hour, a collection of her brothers gathered around him for a "polite chat."
- Alabastor is widely known to be very fond of Olivia...but his attempts at wooing tend to be trampled over by men with more status or bravado.
- Olivia's sense of self-preservation is inversely proportional to her sense of duty...much to her brothers' dismay.
- When times are especially difficult, Olivia becomes a raging alcoholic.
- Prince Howell is very close to Olivia...or at least attempts to be.
- Olivia went to Jerusalem to find a holy man. She met an angel, instead. Or a demon. She isn't quite sure which.
- The angel (or demon) fought for her soul, and lost.
- At the clan meeting in Milwaukee's Midwinter gathering, 2012, Olivia stood as one of four who wished to leave the Schism. Offered the choice by the Voice of the Eldest, Lars al-Din, she left without a word.
- Olivia, and those that left, are merely the beginings of an internal civil war among the Children of Haqim.
- After leaving the Schism, Olivia was found and executed by the elders of the clan, for joining the Sabbat.
- Olivia did meet with some elders of the clan, but was not executed. Rather, she was released to return to the path of the dispossessed.
- Olivia disappeared because she joined a group of kindred seeking Golconda (...whatever that is).
- If Olivia paints your portrait, she will capture a piece of your soul on the canvas.
- She rigged the auction in Baltimore...or maybe she toyed with the items for sale...
- Olivia and Spook became instant friends after meeting in Macon. They plan to go make bad/great choices, together.
- She had to move from her last home, in unclaimed territory, because her habit of blasting trap music at 3:00 AM was getting too much attention from neighbors and the police.
- Cats in Macon flock to her for attention.
- Is totally down to get "white girl wasted."