Jan van Rheinlander
Alias(es): William Mowett
Apparent Age: 28
Concept: friendly politician, ship captain, honorable lawyer
Physical description: Tall, blond, with blue eyes, Jan is a friendly, gregarious man who talks with his hands. An enchanting voice with the air of a natural leader, Jan has a blush of health that enhances his friendly face and endears him to those he meets.
- Acknowledged by Johannes Castelein, Former Prince of Amsterdam.
- Loyal by Arjan Voorhies, Prince of North Holland & Utrecht Counties (including Amsterdam)
- Trustworthy by Prince Pompeii Magnus of Griffin, Georgia
- Voracious by Prince Pompeii Magnus of Griffin, Georgia
- Exalted as Prince of Griffin, Georgia
- Famous as Prince of Griffin, Georgia
- Well-Known as Prince of Griffin, Georgia
- Distinguished as Prince of Griffin, Georgia
Jan's early life was spent as a lieutenant on a Dutch East India Company ship trading spice with the far east. He subsequently served on board several British warships till his embrace. Since his embrace he has worked for the Ventrue Clan on several continents to further Camarilla interests. He moved to the domain of Griffin, Georgia, USA, in the Winter of 2014 and quickly became the local clan whip, then the Keeper of Elysium, then served as Primogen and now Seneschal of the domain. Jan routinely visits other domains and has established good relations with the citizens there.
On December 3rd 2016, Jan van Rheinlander claimed and held the Praxis of Griffin, Georgia.
- None known
- Prince Pompeii Magnus
- Dr. Josephine Lee
- Antonia Petrella
- Jennica Sparrow
- Charles McMillan
- Petra Grunwald-Cole
- Sal Giovanni
- Isadora Sjekna
- Ivan Sjekna
- Ophelia Sjekna
- Archon Mercurius
- Smoke monsters
- None known
- Oasis - Waiting For The Rapture
- Noel Gallagher - It Makes Me Wanna Cry / The Dying Of The Light
- Ben Harper and Jack Johnson - High Tide or Low Tide
- Heart of Oak
- K's Choice; My Heart
- Eddie Vedder - Immortality
- Coheed And Cambria - Goodnight, Fair Lady
- Ed Sheeran - Empire State of Mind
- Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - Bartender
- Dave Matthews Band - You Might Die Trying
- John Mayer - In Your Atmosphere
- Michael Tolcher - Give Me Your Hand
- Die Ärzte - Schrei nach Liebe
- Marco Borsato - Zij
- 311 - Don't Tread On Me
- Coheed and Cambria - Here We Are Juggernaut
- The Decemberists' - The Mariner's Revenge Song
- Matisyahu - What I'm Fighting For
- Pearl Jam - I Won't Back Down
- Bizet - Habanera
- Ed Sheeran - Tenerife Sea
- Dave Matthews - Recently
- "Would you like some water?"
- To a werewolf elder, "can you please take the helio spirits outside, you're disturbing the gathering."
- "I'll take your ten million, but I'd still prefer if you not burn my house down."
- "Seneschal van Rheinlander is calm, capable, and polite, a natural politician where others would struggle." - Jennica Sparrow
- Isn't actually a vampire, he's an attorney who was too sociable to fit in human society, yet is attorney enough to fit in with the undead.
- He collects water from every country he visits, keeping the bottles in his bar.
- He secretly judges people based on which brand they drink.
- Lupines showed up in his haven, and somehow, no one died.
- Jan has several Giovanni friends and seeks more.
- Jan keeps the ashes of an elder Sabbat Lasombra on a shelf behind the bar in his den.
- It's not the only memento there, either.
- He is known for being willing to speak with anyone, vampire, lupine, wraith, fae, or hunter, so long as it doesn't break the masquerade.
- Jan avoids physical confrontations because he can't stand up long in a fight.
- Jan keeps a smoke monster he captured in his basement.
- Jan was once attacked by the Angel Gabriel, who was wielding two flaming swords and a breastplate which shined with the light of the sun (and survived!).
- Jan house is insured for much more than it is worth.
- Jan collects Teslas.
- Jan is a sucker for pretty girls; they can get him to do just about anything.
- He loves mortal drinks like Fanta but doesn't like Coke Classic.
- His favorite drink is apple Fanta mixed with cranberry spite.
- ...cranberry Sprite?
- I know what I said.
- Jan has been known to refer to humans as 'muggles.'
- ...and to mages as 'Harry Potter people.'
- Jan couldn't swim when he was a sailor and was terrified of the water.
- You mean is. He actually hates the pool behind his haven.
- Once got the local MS13 gang in Atlanta to help with a gun buyback program.
- He loves microbrewed rootbeer.
- Based on how much she prods at him, Jan and Seneschal Jennica Sparrow are either good buddies or best frenemies.
- Jan often mentions how much his house is insured for. He really just wants someone to destroy it so he can have the insurance payout.
- Sometimes, when he thinks Jennica Sparrow is sad, he will surprise her with a huge hug. Her reaction has been described by a few as "stunned/cranky," or like a tiny angry animal.