Tatiyana "Anya" Pyotrevna
|Position||Prince of Hartford, CT|
Real Name: Unknown, though her kindred name Pyotrevna is taken from her sire as 'daughter of Pyotr'
Apparent Age: Late 30's.
Concept: passionate Brujah idealist, stubbornly defending the good of the Camarilla and the ways of Humanity
Anya is plain, friendly, seems to have a natural leadership to her presence, and overall seems like a genuinely good person on first impression. Her voice seems to reflect someone who is well-spoken and is a skilled rant orator. [OOC: Friendly Face, Natural Leader, Sanctity, Enchanting Voice.]
She is of average height with medium-long blonde hair, often put back into a single plain braid or in a series of corn-row style braids. She has been known to dress up when the occasion calls for it, but she is usually wearing a pair of plain jeans or cargo pants, a t-shirt, and a leather jacket. When around mortals, she seems to fade into the crowd, blending into their ways and looks so well she is indistinguishable.
- Acknowledged by Prince Michaela, Clan Ventrue
- Well-Known as Prince of Hartford, CT
- Famous as Prince of Hartford, CT
- Exalted as Prince of Hartford, CT
Formerly Prince of Dayton, OH 6/15/2009-8/1/2010.
Formerly Prince of Hartford, CT 6/25/2010-1/28/2011.
Prince again of Hartford, CT 3/25/2011
All Brujah have a passion that drives them, and those with passion and leadership are driven to the soapbox in the spotlight. Anya is known to be a highly passionate Brujah idealist - someone who has a firm sense of principles and a code of honor that is rarely flexible.
She believes firmly in the integrity of the office of Prince, and the need for strong leadership against the ever-encroaching trend of other Princes to whine to Archons to solve their city's problems.
Anya was originally a senior curator at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City, tending to her regnant's influence over high society. There she stayed on staff for nearly two decades until her lack of aging became an issue. She helped pick and train her replacement - an anthropologist named Mikhail Petrovich - and she was embraced by Pyotr Marikovich. By the time Pyotr embraced Mikhail, NYC had become unstable and they had to flee. Pyotr finished Misha's accounting in Russia, and Anya stayed behind in North America.
Anya first came to Cincinnati with her life-long ally, the Assamite Gaio, and a Gangrel Thomas. She had just gotten over the death of a close friend, and that had caused her to recede from public life for some time. She set up shop there, made friends with the local Malkavians and Assamites, and eventually became the Primogen to the Malkavian Prince. Anya then spent many years as a Primogen, both in Cincinnati and in Dayton, carefully tending to the Clan as she could but staying out of the fray.
When she was asked to be Harpy of Dayton, she then took the duty to a new zeal, defending Prince Mandy LeCroix in a fray between Princes that spilled over on a national level, and brought a strong sense of propriety to the economy of the Sect of status and prestation. Yet, when another came along for the duty, Anya quietly faded back again to be able to handle the grief she was facing for the loss of her dear Brujah friends, Obsidious and Angus MacGreggor. She became a recluse for some time out of grief.
She returned to politics, having buried her Brujah brothers in the castle property owned by Angus, to find another Brujah running Dayton: Gabriel Frost. Gabriel had joined the Dead Man's Hand and had Shade and Maddox X and others showing up, which caused the rest of the decent Kindred around to flee. The Domain was down to 4-5 Kindred. Gabriel was finally called into Justicar Jaroslav Pascek's Office and executed for a plot attempting to kill Archons Jacob Black and Kurran DeSylvia using an alliance with the Tzimisce called Loki. Anya seized Praxis in June 2009, vowing to pick the city back up from its embers and make it worthy of being called a Domain again.
The Domain of Dayton under Prince Anya was mostly Brujah and Assamites, which the Brujah that flocked to the city from nearby Domains dubbed it 'New Carthage.' It took an incredibly long time for other Clans to repopulate the city. The Brujah were nearly half the Domain with Brighton Hughes, Mikhail Petrovich, Darius Morphet, Pyotr Marikovich, Johnny Creed, Viktor von Steinwitz, Dash Kerrington, Maxwell "Ace" Erikkson, and about a half a dozen others. Eventually a coterie from the East Coast came in with a bunch of Tremere including Elias Beecher, William Schultz, and Randall Scott, and the city thrived again as a Domain of many Camarilla clans. Anya began hosting regular courts, contests of humanitas, and tournaments for her city. Her brother Misha worked diligently as her Harpy, gathering much-needed boons to make the city run... the two childer of Pyotr made an efficient pair indeed.
It was then that tragedy struck for Anya... she was attacked and kidnapped by the Tzimisce Victor Agbe and Loki in January 2010. After many months, Elias Beecher was able to rescue her, and Anya immediately turned herself over to Justicar Maris Streck.
After several months under the care of the Justicariate, a Brujah named Galina from the East Coast requested Anya's aide in the city of Hartford, CT. Anya came to the city, and found it in a tailspin of unstable Praxis Seizures as the nearby Worchester, MA had just been completely crushed and taken by the Sabbat. To end the cycle, in June 2010 Anya stood up and took Praxis of the Domain in turmoil, only to find the was now stuck in a very insular sandbox of Camarilllians... mostly populated by Ventrue.
In January 2011, in the wake of a scandal where the Ventrue and Tremere were caught in a conspiracy to take Anya's Praxis, Anya called a court to execute the conspirator Upton Rowlands and was soul-stolen by Tremere elder John Riss in the middle of court. Riss then claimed Praxis, and Anya was exiled. Then shortly after, a Brujah elder by the name of Roman Pendragon took Praxis and held it.
- The Camarilla.
- Jordanus of Gaul, elder of Clan Brujah
- Justicar Maris Streck
- Paul Walker, Archon to Justicar Paschek
- Zio!, Archon to Justicar Pascek
- Elias Beecher, Archon to Justicar Streck
- Jack Sawyer
- Bruno Carboni, childe of Jorska Virisi
- Tony Maietta
- Galina, Brujah Primogen of Hartford.
- Caia Wickham
- Pyotr Marikovich, elder of Clan Brujah
- Mikhail "Misha" Petrovich, her little brother "Misha".
- Brighton Hughes
- Sheldon Goldstein
- Nikolaus Athanasius
- Gaio, independant Assamite elder
- Jacob Black, Archon to Justicar Streck
- Takashi, Archon to Justicar Streck
- Ein Salerno
- Jorska Virisi, elder of Clan Brujah
- Obsidious, deceased.
- Garrett Dannington, deceased.
- Michael Heartsblood, deceased.
- Angus MacGreggor, deceased.
- Darius Morphet, Prince of Dayton, deceased
- Ziata Vidduchi
- Upton Rowlands, Ventrue elder of Hartford
- John Reiss, Tremere elder of Hartford
- Victoria Rowlands, formerly known as Vivian Davenport
- Pyotr Marikovich, elder Brujah idealist
- Mikhail "Misha" Petrovich, her younger brother
- "While the blessed nature of our vitae draws forth passion from within and starkly highlights our warrior spirits, it would be unfair to say that the warrior is all that we are. Simply, we are passion." ~ Anya
- "On the function of Brujah factions, my take: Iconoclasts are there to actively challenge ideas and bring solutions out through said challenge. Idealists are those that feel their ideas are already superior so they have no need to challenge them, but rather, convince you of why they are right." ~ Anya
- "OH MY GOD READ A BOOK." ~ Anya
On the Camarilla:
- "I can't endorse continuing to do the same shit that is what is wrong with the Camarilla. The Anarch Revolt happened for a reason, and fires burned and elders were diablerized all over Europe due to this. I have to know that we hit our breaking point and have moved forward. We can't get rid of all of the fucking corruption and tyranny, but it doesn't mean we have to throw the baby out with the bath water. It's gotta get better and it only gets better if you continue to encourage people to use the system how it ought to be used, not for their own personal gain. I'll keep fighting that fight from within, thank you very much." ~ Anya
- "To say that a system is not corrupt because its implementation is absolutely corrupt is leaving an idea in a vacuum that cannot exist in reality. Let's not split too many hairs here: vampires suck the life blood of other living things to exist. Such beings are inherently corrupt, especially those that make no efforts otherwise. The baseline of Kindred existence is such that any system of social governance is, without a doubt, susceptible to corruption by those that would exist within it." ~ Anya
On the Status system:
- "It may be frustrating to those who dislike dealing with it, or see corruption beyond repair, but only to those who lack the ability to play in that sandbox efficiently. I assure you that the economy of the Camarilla and its ability to react humanely and without violence for every minor infraction makes us a better-managed society than we would be without it." ~ Anya
- Anya feels very strongly about the Tradition of Accounting, and will often teach any Brujah that asks.
- Anya is really an Anarch.
- Anya is a Brujah idealist, and comes from a brood of Brujah idealists.
- Anya is very politically connected nationally, and is one of the political Camarillian leaders of Clan Brujah. She keeps connected to a close circle of other politically-minded Brujah to further the Clan's agenda.
- Anya led a contingency of Brujah Princes, followed by a horde of Brujah, to take personal audience with Justicar Cock Robin to spare Paul Walker from death in the wake of Tasha X's death and the backlash against the DMH. As a result, Paul left the DMH publicly that night.
- Anya loves Paul Walker.
- Anya is incredibly protective of her family, and tends to fight her little brother's fights when she shouldn't.
- Despite the fact that the Justicariate cleared her, some are still concerned that Anya still retains some residual damage from the Tzimisce that captured her.
- The first Prince Anya served in Cincinnati was an infernalist Malkavian.
- Anya likes the Malkavians, and has a special affection to Maris Streck.
- Anya has a close relationship to the famous Brujah elder, Jordanus of Gaul.
- Anya once resigned as a Primogen to Michael Heartsblood because she did not feel that she was, at the time, capable of fulfilling her duties to her high standards... this was in the period of grief following the death of Obsidious.
- Anya may have once tried to embrace a child, but lost her.
- Anya is the darling of her sire's heart, but her brother Mikhail "Misha" Petrovich seems to have taken the blunt of their sire's anger. Misha remains terribly jealous of Anya's success.
- Anya runs a book club that meets via the Astral Plane to discuss said books.
- While Prince of Dayton, Anya publicly fought Justicar Jaroslav Pascek in the light of the Camarilla over a status issue.
- Anya invited Ventrue Benjamin Miller to come to her Domain in Dayton so that she could pick up the fight of an Archon overstepping her bounds with Ventrue Archon Lady Elizabeth of York.
- Anya pleaded to Justicar Jaroslav Pascek's offices for Gabriel Frost's ashes so that she could bury him, but they refused to give them to her. She remains angry to this day at the Brujah Justicar's offices over the incident. Shade released the ashes of Gabriel's heart to Anya, which she buried.
- While Prince of Hartford, Anya kicked Archon Hugo Valentine out of her Domain. This seems to have been related to both a past rivalry and Anya's intense dislike of the perceived power of Archons versus Princes.
- Enjoys a petty rivalry with Donovan Lewis. No one is sure what started it, but everyone noticed she had no escort for the Midwinter Gala.
- Anya only signed the Rinaldi Doctrine because Kate Davidson was able to convince her to do so, but after re-taking her third Praxis, Anya has declined the Rinaldi Doctrine.
- Some members of her clan consider her a cunt. Some might even say it to her face.