Aliases: Jen, the Fair, Lady Sparrow, (Gangrel Only: Calamity Jane)
Real Name: Unknown
Apparent Age: early 30s
Physical Description: Jennica is a tall, willowy woman with stunning pale features. (Gorgeous x5, Magnetic x3) She has dark blue eyes and long, wavy red hair typically worn loose around her shoulders. At court, she tends toward formal clothing in dark colors, be it a well-tailored suit or an understated cocktail dress, always with heels. Outside of court, she prefers menswear--trousers and button-down shirts, sweaters and vests, and the occasional tie. Few have caught her in anything as casual as a pair of jeans.
- Acknowledged by Patrick Reval, former Prince of Athens, Georgia
- Respected by word of Richard King, former Prince of Northern Virginia
- Just by word of Jordan Drake, former Prince of Athens, Georgia
- Proper by word of Archon Hugo Valentine, former Prince of Columbus
Very little is known of Jennica's past, which she prefers not to discuss; bits and pieces are best gleaned from those who have known her a while.
It is supposed that she wandered the country for many years before making her formal debut into Camarilla society, being a natural loner and uncomfortable with relinquishing her anonymity. The years that followed, however, made her allegiance clear, culminating in her decision to remain with the Camarilla when the majority of her clan tore itself away. She never publicly regretted the decision, and developed a reputation for strict adherence to the Traditions and the practice of prestation. Armed with this knowledge and conviction, Jennica served as the Harpy of Athens, Georgia for several years under the Malkavian Prince Jordan Drake. Subsequent changes in the administration saw Jennica also serve as Sheriff of Athens, before she took praxis in the spring of 2010.
Perusing her recent history, once might believe Jennica has radically rejected her clan's stereotypical penchant for wandering between domains, to the point of being dubbed a "city Gangrel" by those lacking wit for better insults. In the instances where she does leave home, her travels seem driven less by wanderlust than to some commitment to an untold plan. Recently ousted from praxis by a clanmate, her current whereabouts are unknown.
"Coteries are for people who don't love the Camarilla enough."
Jennica isn't one to talk politics on a regular basis, and rarely makes deals--or offers any, for that matter. But based on who she spends her time talking to, it can be assumed she likes the following people, in non-offensive alphabetical order:
- Ash Williams
- Bradley P. Lazarion
- Edward Stark
- Elias Beecher
- Gaius Marcoh
- Hugo Valentine
- Jon-Apolo de Soult
- Justin Lazarion
- Nathlar Shadowbourne
- Tatiyana Krajnik
- Wei Mu Tian
Jennica speaks of her sire rarely, and even then, passes over his name: Silas. Those Gangrel who knew him recall a man with unremarkable features and a quiet disposition, given to contemplative wandering and steady temperament. Though rumored to be physically powerful, he shied from fights and crowds. He is presumed dead.
The woman will tell you she has no broodmates, and wouldn't want them, either.
None known to the public.
"Fiat justitia." - Jennica
"Legends have lives, too." - Jennica
"Strength without discipline is wild, destructive. But discipline without strength is vulnerable." - Jennica
"I think, that strength is also not sufficient. Kindness, humility and compassion. These traits are weak but they are also correct." - Wei Mu Tian
- Jennica doesn't talk about her past because she has amnesia.
- She was the inspiration for "As The Sparrow," a poem written by Charles Bukowski.
- The polished, professional exterior is just a cover for a vicious and bloodthirsty killer. She sometimes jokes about keeping Sabbat members and other miscreants in her basement. She's not joking.
- Known among older Gangrel as Calamity Jane, though no one seems to remember why.
- Jennica was a close friend and inspiration to many key figures in the women's suffrage movement, and later in the century, the women's liberation movement. Her very thin body is the result of a spell in prison where she joined a hunger strike. Her preference for masculine clothing is overcompensation in an attempt to downplay feminine traits.
- "Steppenwolf" by Herman Hesse
- Galadriel from "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy
- Paladin from "Have Gun, Will Travel"
- "I Am a Cowboy in the Boat of Ra" by Ishmael Reed
- Dina from "I Am Dina"
- Sam Bell from "Moon"
- "She Wolf" | Shakira
- "Can't Be Tamed" | Miley Cyrus
- "Face Down" | The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- "Every Day is the Same" | Nine Inch Nails
- "Black Horse and Cherry Tree" | KT Tunstall
- "Ladylike" | Storm Large
- "Fighter" | Christina Aguilera
- "Kismet" | Bond
- "Baby Now" | Nichole Alden
- "Mysterious Ways" | U2
- "Lux Aeterna" | Clint Mansell
- "Drowned World/Substitute for Love" | Madonna
- "RCV 20:22" | Puscifer