This Character is no longer a member of the Camarilla.
10 Years Old
A 10 year old boy with blond-brown hair, a slight build, and an omnipresent set of glasses and 'Slytherin' scarf. Looks a bit like the protagonist of the movie 'A Christmas Story', albeit with a pale complexion to match his humanity level.
None, with confirmed blood hunts in:
- Dayton, OH
- Chicago, IL
- Black Hawk County, IA
- Philadelphia, PA
- Eureka, CA
- St. Louis, MO
- Sacramento, CA
It is largely unknown to Kindred society how it is that Elias Beecher came to become Embraced, but his nature is clear to anyone who meets him -- he was embraced long before full physical maturity, at the approximate age of 10. If there was a specific reason as to why a member of Clan Tremere thought a boy of that age would make an acceptable addition to the clan, Elias rarely speaks of it, and his clan has offered no specific opinion. Regardless, in a century of existence, Elias Beecher has apparently proven his worth to his Clan and they permit him to exist.
Elias is known as a scientist and researcher of a very controversial topic -- beings commonly referred to as demons. His admitted expertise in affairs concerning such beings has placed a notable stigma on his name within the Camarilla, and despite a litany of accomplishments and associated standing, rumors about the true nature of his expertise combined with his physical appearance makes Elias the favored target of malicious gossip.
If such whispers trouble Elias, he does not often show it. He has a well developed, sarcastic sense of humor that he does not hesitate to invoke, and his expertise, while considered controversial, have left no few Kindred in fear of his capabilities. He presents himself as a polite, professional scholar who professes a genuine desire to ensure the safety of the Camarilla through ensuring demonic entities do not trouble its members. The truth of that claim, however, is anyone's guess.
In 2010, Elias was known to be involved with the cadre of Kindred who recently contained the artifact called 'the Eye of Hazmiel', allegedly just before the wielder wrought tremendous devastation . Many people scoff at the notion that a Kindred of such questionable reputation 'saved the world'.
In April 2011, to the amazement of much of the Kindred world, Elias Beecher was named an Archon to Justicar Maris Streck. Many wonder what dire peril the world must be in for the Justicar to turn to such a questionable figure for assistance, but it is clear that Beecher has wasted no time in getting to work. The new Archon has been seen in a number of domains across North America since his appointment, often in the company of Jacob Black, interrogating a number of Kindred ... none of which have emerged from such questioning to be seen again. For better or for worse, this has only increased Beecher's dread reputation. In July 2011, Beecher attended the Conclave in Columbus as Justicar Streck's representative. This astonished many observers, including the Malkavians present.
At the Midwinter event of 2012, Beecher announced very suddenly to those assembling for the conflict with the Baali that he had been fired from his position as an Archon and stripped of further standing for what he said was 'the embrace of tactics deemed unacceptable by Justicar Streck'. He related that Clan Tremere had earlier that evening banished an incredibly potent demon that was empowering Moloch, and led a small strike team of Tremere, Brujah and Gangrel into the Baali stronghold within Africa. When he did not return from this conflict, many assumed his death. However, he arrived back in Milwaukee the next night, seemingly unharmed, explaining to many that he had teleported away after getting his team through the Baali fortress, as he had become aware a collected force of Camarilla members intended to assassinate him once the battle was complete and thus left after completing his duty so as to avoid a conflict while weakened. Beecher noted to many that he presumed that the forces that were going to 'cowardly attack him with a knife in the back in the dark of Africa' wouldn't dare attempt anything to his face, when he was no longer weakened from extended fighting. He was apparently correct -- Elias went about his business for the entire evening without disturbance, and left at the end of the evening to Vienna at Justicar Lothorius's insistence.
While what happened in Vienna is unclear, Elias Beecher was public stripped of all his standing by Justicars Streck and Lothorius, though he was not killed or punished further at that time. After the Columbus Grand Elysium in 2012, Beecher mysteriously vanished for months, though seemed to have returned in some fashion, if his 'celebratory' notes to the Camarilla regarding Saul Good's death and other antagonistic comments are any indication. Whatever has happened to him, it seems that the formerly taciturn and polite Elias Beecher is a thing of the past. Beecher continued to attend public gatherings, both in his home domain and elsewhere, with his dread reputation following him wherever he went. Whispers have started that he is more potent than ever before. Few dare challenge him in person, and even his own clan appeared increasingly hesitant around him.
At Midwinter 2013, after several public confrontations with his clanmates, Elias Beecher was announced as having been stripped of his remaining status and several domains bloodhunted him for rumored infernalism. He also allegedly attempted to kill Murray the Prince of Black Hawk County, Iowa for unknown reasons, killing a bystander in the process. The former Prince and former Archon has quickly become one of the most wanted criminals in the Camarilla, with his own clan leading the pursuit.
Elias Beecher was part of a Tremere sub-group that deals specifically with researching -- and occasionally confronting -- demonic beings called The Horned Society. However, in the wake of his apparent dishonor and rumors of his 'rogue' status, it is unclear if ANYONE wants to be caught dealing with such a Kindred of ill reputation.
Considering his recent bloodhunts, this list should be 'pretty much everyone', but in particular:
Higure from Blood Alone
Abby from Let Me In
Regent Nikoli from Chicago by Night
A healthy dose of X-Files meets H.P. Lovecraft
"Secret" -- The Pierces
"Half The Man" -- Methodic Doubt & Kopius Few
"Strange Times" -- Black Keys
"Adagio in G Minor" -- Tomaso Albinoni
"Piano Sonata D.960" -- Franz Schubert
"String Quartet In C-Sharp Minor, Op. 131" -- Ludwig Von Beethoven
"I am a scientist, not a 3rd Edition Paladin here to smite evil with my holy broadsword. Leave the high and mighty theatrics to the morally overcompensating. "
"I thought I would never say this, but here it is. I...require an adult." -- As Sheriff of Baltimore, when in need of an 'adult' Kindred to cover his appearance somewhere.
"I saved the world, you know. A thank you now and again would be nice."
"You will answer my questions. You will do so in a truthful and concise manner. Any deviation from these directions will result in severe penalties that would make placing you in torpor and sending you back a distant and unobtainable mercy. Have I made myself clear?" -- To an interrogation suspect, in May 2011
Jacob Black: "I like Elias, but in the same way you like a Boa Constrictor. That is, as long as you can see it, and it is not around your own neck."
Unknown: "I don't know how he does it. It's like he made doing things you are not supposed to be able to get away with into a successful career."
At Midwinter 2011 to a Malkavian in a revealing corset: "I can't look at you, you aren't PG13"
"I will smile as I burn that bitch to ashes." -- said regarding Selene Lazarion
- Elias Beecher is very commonly rumored to be an infernalist, though the Tremere Justicar's office has officially denied this.
- While collecting rare ritual components, Elias was once forced to sneak into a White Snake concert. Even though the components were located within 10 minutes, he remained until the very end thus beginning his filthy obsession with 80's hair bands. Winger is rumored to be his favorite.
- Most Assamites hate Elias due to his rumored infernalism, but he has maintained an odd friendship with Jimbo Johnson, apparently because Elias enjoyed his movies for the 'keen existential statements they make'.
- Due to their physical similarities and seemingly close relationship, some believe Erin Landen may be his mother ... and sire.
- Frequently seen sporting a 'Magneto was Right' T shirt. Beecher seems to find the fictional character's beliefs regarding the tendency of the masses to fear and destroy what is different to be applicable to his own situation, and wears the shirt as a sort of political statement. On the other hand, Elias might just be a supervillan.
- He seems to have a friendly relationship with Michael Crison, allegedly because they were both embraced as children and are both Archons. They were even overheard joking about attending the New Orleans Gathering with one riding the others shoulders so they could be a 'full sized Archon with all of the crazy magical powers'.
- He refuses to use Tremere rituals that allow aging because he likes to use his lack of physical age to his advantage.
- Elias enjoys baiting people in letters concerning political discourse, most especially if they have never met in person--the look on their face when greeted for the first time by his immature appearance is priceless. In fact, he always has a ghoul nearby to take a snapshot of the dropped jaws.
- Elias goes trick-or-treating. Every year. He rotates between being a robot and a dinosaur..
- At Midwinter 2012, after speaking to Katja Nothing privately at length in what appeared to be a very serious manner, a few Kindred noticed that he concluded the conversation by standing on his tiptoes, embracing her, and kissing her on the cheek.
- Beecher is allegedly on friendly terms with Tatiyana "Anya" Pyotrevna, to the point where the later publicly hugs Elias when they encounter each other. How the champion of humane philosophy and an amoral blood magician came to be close associates is anyone's guess.
- It is said that Erin Landen returned from the dead, and that Beecher was somehow responsible for this occurring.
- Elias was interviewed by Crash & Burn and as a result is one of the few Kindred who could identify the Kindred responsible for the 'gossip rag'.
- For a feared Tremere assassin, Beecher does not seem to be very good at killing anyone he targets ... his last two rumored targets Murray and Drake Mathewson both evaded his grasp.